Our compilation show is a deep dive with host, Trent Reinsmith, into the bigger news and goings on in MMA, both inside and outside the cage; presented with a critical, unbiased eye.
Here is some detail on what’s going on here. The “regular” ‘C’mon Now MMA Podcast’ is a daily podcast of varying lengths, the concept of the podcast is to look at goings-on in MMA and dig below the surface of that news — it can be found here: cmonnow.substack.com/. This show is a compilation of some of the best topics covered over the past week.
Here is a summary of the topics discussed, during the latest episode of the weekly “Best of” edition of the podcast. We hope you enjoy listening to the show and will continue to support it going forward. This week’s topics include:
- Are Donald Cerrone and Tyron Woodley going to retire, or be retired by Dana White and the UFC?
- Dana White called a 29-year-old professional MMA fighter with 14 pro fights a “poor little girl.” C’mon now…
- Dana White uses a cowards way out to excuse racist, sexist and homophobic speech from UFC fighters.
- MMA media should call a liar a liar and a racist a racist. That’s the media’s job, do the job. Don’t be afraid of the UFC.
- Colby Covington thinks Tyron Woodley is anti-American for wanting human rights? Yeah, that’s what I’m hearing (23:02)
- Colby Covington gets pressed on how fighting for equal rights and social justice = domestic terrorism and man, he delivers some A+ racism. (24:42)
- At least we know there is not a bubble at the UFC Apex.
- Fighters are a different breed, take Kevin Croom for example.
- Why the hate from fighters for Sean O’Malley? Is it because they think O’Malley is benefitting from the UFC machine? Yeah, probably.
- UFC Vegas 11 was a good card on paper, but there was no buzz about the event. Is the UFC’s quantity over quality hurting interest?
- On the other hand, the UFC knows it can do an event every weekend, will it try that in 2021?
- Brian Kelleher and the dangers of free agency for fighters who lack name recognition to casual fans.
- Mike Rodriguez got his win bonus, but what would help would also be to bump him up to the next pay grade.
- Dana White delivers a message to the UFC roster via Dustin Poirier, don’t try to get what you’re worth from the UFC.
If you enjoyed our show, give us a shout out in the comments here on Bloody Elbow, or give us a “like”, share & subscribe over on one of our other BE Presents Channels: SoundCloud, YouTube, iTunes & Apple TV, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Spotify, Google Play, TuneIn, OverCast, or Player FM– whichever one happens to be your listening platform of choice. While you’re there, don’t forget to subscribe to Bloody Elbow Presents; that way you’ll always be the first to get all of BE’s daily MMA offerings. For previous episodes of the show, check out our playlists on all of our BE Presents channels.
Real Life. Real News. Real Voices
Help us tell more of the stories that matterBecome a founding member
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe