Our compilation show is a deep dive with host, Trent Reinsmith, into the bigger news and goings on in MMA, both inside and outside the cage; presented with a critical, unbiased eye.
Here is some detail on what’s going on here. The “regular” ‘C’mon Now MMA Podcast’ is a daily podcast of varying lengths, the concept of the podcast is to look at goings-on in MMA and dig below the surface of that news — it can be found here: cmonnow.substack.com/. This show is a compilation of some of the best topics covered over the past week.
Here is a summary of the topics discussed, during the latest episode of the weekly “Best of” edition of the podcast. We hope you enjoy listening to the show and will continue to support it going forward. This week’s topics include:
- Dana White sure sounds like he is making an excuse for Conor McGregor re: sexual assault allegations.
- UFC fighters could band together and support Dustin Poirier and make a stand against the UFC. It would be a small show of force, but it would be a show of force.
- Why didn’t the ref use instant replay in the Mike Rodriguez vs. Ed Herman fight, because he could have and what happens next?
- This is what Dana White wants and expects from the UFC media.
- How are you feeling if you’re Gerald Meerschaert? Probably not too good and maybe a little bit pissed off.
- MMA media is focusing on the wrong thing when it comes to Nick Diaz. Overwhelmingly, the media is doing fantasy matchmaking instead of making the story about Nick Diaz the fighter.
- American Top Team looks like it is going to be a COVID-19 hot spot for a while and that’s not bad luck, that’s bad decisions.
- Brendan Schaub actually compared the UFC to Rosa Parks!
- Bethe Correia, is she getting a UFC retirement fight because the promotion is having problems filling cards?
- Are fighters who turn down fights for health and safety reasons getting time added to their UFC deals?
- Why are so many fighters interested in fighting Nick Diaz? Nick Diaz who hasn’t won a fight since 2011?
- UFC fighters should heed the words of retired fighter Nate Quarry.
- Dana White lies about the NBA and MLB re: COVID-19 and he still needs to answer the question as to what is going on inside the UFC “bubble” as far as positive COVID-19 tests.
If you enjoyed our show, give us a shout out in the comments here on Bloody Elbow, or give us a “like”, share & subscribe over on one of our other BE Presents Channels: SoundCloud, YouTube, iTunes & Apple TV, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Spotify, Google Play, TuneIn, OverCast, or Player FM– whichever one happens to be your listening platform of choice. While you’re there, don’t forget to subscribe to Bloody Elbow Presents; that way you’ll always be the first to get all of BE’s daily MMA offerings. For previous episodes of the show, check out our playlists on all of our BE Presents channels.
Real Life. Real News. Real Voices
Help us tell more of the stories that matterBecome a founding member
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe