Our compilation show is a deep dive with host, Trent Reinsmith, into the bigger news and goings on in MMA, both inside and outside the cage; presented with a critical, unbiased eye.
Here is some detail on what’s going on here. The “regular” ‘C’mon Now MMA Podcast’ is a daily podcast of varying lengths, the concept of the podcast is to look at goings-on in MMA and dig below the surface of that news — it can be found here: cmonnow.substack.com/. This show is a compilation of some of the best topics covered over the past week.
Here is a summary of the topics discussed, during the latest episode of the weekly “Best of” edition of the podcast. We hope you enjoy listening to the show and will continue to support it going forward. This week’s topics include:
- What’s going on with COVID-19 at the UFC Apex and what — if anything – is the UFC doing about the positive COVID-19 tests?
- Let’s hit pause on the possible return of Nick Diaz.Fighters shouldn’t have to “make themselves interesting” to get what they “deserve” in the UFC.
- Fighters should listen to Corey Anderson, fight for cash not a UFC title.
- A lot of money from the Reebok deal did not go to the fighters, that can’t be allowed to happen in the Venum deal.
- Dominick Reyes feels disrespected on short notice title fight. He is right to feel that way and so are all the fighters being asked to take fights on short notice.
- Fighters should play a big part in laying out and telling the UFC their needs for a truly self sufficient UFC hotel.
- Is a retirement threat a good way to negotiate a new UFC deal. Maybe and here’s why.
- Low pay and independent contractor status is a good way to keep labor in line, that’s not a bug.Dana White has made things political and he should be grilled on many of the talking points he hit, since a lot of them were flat out lies and the MMA media has the obligation to grill Dana White on his lies.
If you enjoyed our show, give us a shout out in the comments here on Bloody Elbow, or give us a “like”, share & subscribe over on one of our other BE Presents Channels: SoundCloud, YouTube, iTunes & Apple TV, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Spotify, Google Play, TuneIn, OverCast, or Player FM– whichever one happens to be your listening platform of choice. While you’re there, don’t forget to subscribe to Bloody Elbow Presents; that way you’ll always be the first to get all of BE’s daily MMA offerings. For previous episodes of the show, check out our playlists on all of our BE Presents channels.
Real Life. Real News. Real Voices
Help us tell more of the stories that matterBecome a founding member
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe