Our compilation show is a deep dive with host, Trent Reinsmith, into the bigger news and goings on in MMA, both inside and outside the cage; presented with a critical, unbiased eye.
Here is some detail on what’s going on here. The “regular” ‘C’mon Now MMA Podcast’ is a daily podcast of varying lengths, the concept of the podcast is to look at goings-on in MMA and dig below the surface of that news — it can be found here: cmonnow.substack.com/. This show is a compilation of some of the best topics covered over the past week.
Here is a summary of the topics discussed, during the latest episode of the weekly “Best of” edition of the podcast. We hope you enjoy listening to the show and will continue to support it going forward. This week’s topics include:
- Where is the innovation and experimentation in the UFC?
- NBA and NHL are doing things different inside the bubble, why isn’t the UFC?
- Anthony Johnson should not be welcomed back to the UFC by fans, nor the UFC brass — if he is — that is gross, despicable and not a surprise.
- Link to 2019 story on Anthony Johnson: https://cmonnow.substack.com/p/the-case-against-anthony-johnsons
- Cormier’s second career as a UFC champion and how he should be an inspiration to other athletes but he won’t be.
- If you’re a business, do you sponsor Jon Jones? Do you trust him to represent you?
- John McCarthy talks Nevada’s instant replay rule vs. Unified Rules of MMA and it’s a surprise. Plus, the upside and downside of instant replay availability to referees during fights.
- John McCarthy on the UFC’s ability to change the design of the gloves to reduce eye pokes.
- UFC bonuses don’t change lives. Bonuses might change a year, but they don’t change a life. UFC athletes need to fight for a bigger piece of the pie and healthcare.
- Dana White shits on Curtis Blaydes again for doing exactly what he said he was going to do in his most recent fight.
- I’m no genius, but it sounds like the DWCS fighters are going to take roster spots from higher priced talent.
- John McCarthy on the one thing he would change right away about MMA.
- Dana White can call me a scumbag all he wants, but he shouldn’t lie about me, which is what he is doing — again.
- A note on my, let’s call it attitude, for lack of a better term and the fact that it actually does come from a good place.
If you enjoyed our show, give us a shout out in the comments here on Bloody Elbow, or give us a “like”, share & subscribe over on one of our other BE Presents Channels: SoundCloud, YouTube, iTunes & Apple TV, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Spotify, Google Play, TuneIn, OverCast, or Player FM– whichever one happens to be your listening platform of choice. While you’re there, don’t forget to subscribe to Bloody Elbow Presents; that way you’ll always be the first to get all of BE’s daily MMA offerings. For previous episodes of the show, check out our playlists on all of our BE Presents channels.
Real Life. Real News. Real Voices
Help us tell more of the stories that matterBecome a founding member
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe